Monday, January 4, 2010

Bunny Slippers.

When I was little, my dad went on a trip to Washington to climb Mount Rainier.  He brought me back a pair of bunny slippers.



I remember this because I drew a picture of them in my journal. I've kept a journal since I was old enough to write.  I found this post card in an antique store in Orange, CA and had to buy it.  My parents met at Orange High. They were married for 21 years until he died in 1989.



On the same day I found this post card,  my mom ran across her high school year book in a neighboring antique store from 1968 (3 years after my parents graduated).  She pointed out the principal that suspended her as well as the one who was constantly chasing my dad around for ditching.  I think it's funny that my mom's year book was in an antique store.

Post card of Mount Rainier postmarked 1913. Found in the Orange Circle in Orange, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment